Purpose of the Policy
Your privacy is important to us and we believe that it is essential to be transparent about how we collect and use information about you. We are committed to protecting your personal information and to ensuring your data privacy. This policy is intended to help you understand:
- What information we collect
- How we use the data that we collect
- How secure your data is
- How personal information is disclosed to courts, judicial bodies and third parties
- How you can access your data
- How we would handle a data breach
- About cookies
The information that we collect
We may collect and use the following types of data:
- Your name, job title, company name, place of work, email address and contact telephone number
- If you contact us regarding our products or services, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Any other information that you provide to us by completing our electronic forms
This data is reviewed and cleansed every 24 months.
For recruitment and candidate selection purposes: we will use your personal information (including CV and covering letter or email) to process your job application and for interview and selection purposes. If you are recruited by us, then the personal information provided by you at recruitment stage will be stored on your personnel file. Personal data for non-recruited candidates is only retained for future potential recruitment purposes and is reviewed and cleansed at least every 12 months.
How are we going to use the data?
The data you provide to us with will only be used to:
- Help us to market our glazing products and services
- Contact you to follow up your enquiry
- Keep accounts related to any work carried out by Sky Bespoke Glass
- Keep records of purchases, sales or other activities for:
- ensuring that payments and deliveries are made or services are rendered; or
- making financial or management forecasts to assist in our business activities
- giving advice or rendering glazing services
- Liaising with third parties in relation to work carried out (i.e. architect or planning officer)
- We will never intentionally or knowingly use your data for any other purposes than those aforementioned. Photos of your glazing installation may be used on our website or marketing materials, but detailed case studies using your data will only be used in case study materials where your express consent is obtained.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
How secure is your data?
To maintain the accuracy of the data we regularly carry out appropriate physical, electronic and administrative checks on the security and content of the data.
Our website and our network are protected by firewalls, managed by a third party which ensures that your data is secure. We use anti-virus software on our PCs and laptops and to protect our systems from incoming threats.
Only employees who need the personal data to perform their duties have access to it.
We have procedures for assessing and reporting personal data breach in accordance with GDPR and other applicable data protection legislation.
When do we disclose personal information?
We will only disclose personal data when required by law or a court order; or as requested by other government or law enforcement authorities or in good faith that the disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable, or if consent has been given beforehand.
In cases not relating to disclosure by law, we ensure that personal data is handled and processed in a safe manner.
Can I access my data?
You have the right to:
- Access information held about you
- Have incorrect personal information corrected
- Have personal data deleted
If you would like a copy of the information we hold on you, please write to Sky Bespoke Glass, 56 Lupus Street, London, SW1V 3EE, UK. If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly to correct any information found to be incorrect.
Personal data breach
In the event of an accidental or illegal destruction, loss or alteration of any personal data processed by us, such as a data violation (unauthorised access to our systems) or an accidental loss of personal data, we will document the incident and report it to the regulatory authority within 72 hours. We will also inform the data subjects of the breach and the affected data.
A cookie is a small file which asks your permission to be located on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is then added to your computer. The cookie helps analyse web traffic and tracks when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual customising your website experience to your browsing. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Sky Bespoke Glass uses a standard procedure of traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used and which ones are used more often. This helps us to analyse trends, administer the site, track users’ movement on the website, and gather demographic information. We also use it to improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from our system.
These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Overall, the cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies and you can change these options later as well. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Please note however that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Please note that if our website contains links to other websites, once you have used these links and leave our site, we do not have any control over those other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and these sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statements of each website you visit to ensure your security and privacy.
Changes to this policy
Sky Bespoke Glass reserves the right, at any time and for any reason, to make additions to and amend this policy, in particular as a result of changes in laws and regulations.